Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Skating around

Visited four skating spots today as I headed home.  First up was Poolburn to meet Jane and Inge at daybreak and to a fantastic sunrise.  Very good frost but the skiff of snow the day before limited the formation of new ice.  Ice was just enough for a skate - smooth but a bit slower due to the snow.  Some smooth bits around the edges.    Jane and Inge headed of to the Lower Manoburn and after I dragged myself away I stopped in at Idaburn. To late for a safe skate but had a fantastically cracking skate anyway. The ice was hard and smooth when I arrived but as soon as I touched it it started pinging and cracking as it gave up pressure.  Fun but a bit unnerving.   Next stop was Hoffmans Dam where I had a good skate but limited in area.  Coalpit to finish where I had a great skate with Andrew.  Very windy when I left and no frost in the forecast....


No comments:

Post a Comment